Made these delicious muffins this morning with some items left over from a recent harvest of our garden. I wanted to post the recipe since some of you wanted it! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup expeller pressed canola oil
- 1/2 cup unbleached, evaporated cane sugar (I used Rapadura)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I substituted poppy seeds, since that’s what I had)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the oil with the sugar and applesauce. Add eggs. In a separate bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the liquid ingredients. Fold in carrots, zucchini and nuts (or poppy seeds). Spoon into the muffin cups filling 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until done when tested with a toothpick. Cool on a wire rack.